"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." Albert Einstein

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wondering, Thinking, Hoping!

As I create this blog, I am thinking about its purpose. Right now it is part of an assignment for an online Google course I am taking with several other educators at my school. I wonder what it will turn into...

I am hoping that this blog will create an avenue for me to reflect. I believe that reflection is a vital part of learning. I think it is important to look back on accomplishments, failures, challenges, obstacles, and successes and learn from them. I think it is easier for me to reflect on lessons, projects, conversations, and ideas that have worked and exceeded my expectations as an educator. My hope is that I will spend more time reflecting on the challenging tasks, and the ideas that just flat out don't work. I am confident that through the reflection and feedback from other educators the real learning will take place.

I consider myself to be an out of the box thinker. I love to learn and am constantly processing something. I feel like my brain is always turning and sometimes I have a hard time sorting through everything that is going on up there. I love to try new things, but tend to struggle with where to start. At times I feel like I dive headfirst into something and sometimes the end result is amazing and other times it is an epic fail! I hear about all of the wonderful things that other teachers are doing in their classrooms, and more often than not I find myself saying, "I am going to try that." The problem is that this can become very overwhelming because there is not time to do everything that I want to do. I need to work more on prioritizing and organizing! I think this blog will give me a space to process and sort through thoughts and ideas.

I am looking forward to re-entering the blogging world in a different way! I am most excited about reading and following some of the inspiring blogs that have been created by other educators.

Let the blogging begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment